Re: Concerns about the election process

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 21:40 -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
As a voter, how do I know that my "token" isn't just a deterministic
hash of my choices?  The people running the election could then easily
just publish my choices along with this token once for every person who
chose the same way that I did.

It was my understanding (and it could certainly be wrong) that the
elections committee was going to publish the tokens and choices in
list form.  If that is what they do, then checking for duplicate
tokens is trivial.  If everybody verifies their vote is published
accurately, and the results from the published list match the official
results, then it is a fair election.

The one attack I can see is making up votes for people who were
registered but didn't vote.

Gabriel