Re: Did not receive ballot, not on membership list

Hi,

On 11/26/06, Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com> wrote:
Hi,

I checked the list of members at:

     http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php

and I did not see myself on the list.  I suspect that my membership
expired, but I never received a renewal email.  I also checked my spam
mailboxes, and it just appears as though I never received an email.

A large number of GNOME members have had the same experience on the
renewal mail. I do apologise and wish to inform you that we are
looking into the causes for the same. Meanwhile, your membership which
was due for renewal has hence been renewed. To request a new ballot do
please write in to elections gnome org

I then checked the roles for other people I know who were previously
members and who should still be members who aren't on the list (many of
whom are my co-workers at Novell), including Robert Love, Nat Friedman,
Miguel de Icaza, Federico Mena, Jeff Stedfast, Havoc Pennington, Owen
Taylor, Jonathan Blandford, etc.

<smile> A number of the names above did have their memberships up for
renewal and there was no mail from them since they might have no
received a renewal due mail from the system. As stated above, we are
looking into the causes for the same, and I do apologise once again
for the inconvenience caused.

However, just for your information, all the above members have since
then had their memberships renewed and I would like to thank you for
letting us know.

Regards
Sankarshan

--