Re: Exasperated

On 11/8/06, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan randomink org> wrote:
Hi Corey,

Deeply regret the delay in the processing. I would hope that you have
received the Membership Acceptance mail from the Committee by now.

There are no 'double standards' put in play over here. Sometimes it just
so happens that the we need to wait for the response (from *all* the
contacts) and since there is no mechanism (at least right now) to keep
requesting the contacts to respond, tickets take time to be resolved.

Warm regards
Sankarshan
(on behalf of the Membership Committee)

Sankarshan,

Thanks for the reply. I have indeed received my acceptance. My main
concern is not due to the amount of time, but due to the general
dearth of communication. However, rather than just complain about the
issue, I am offering my services to help on the membership committee.
Who am I and why do you think I will be good at this?

-I am current leader of the Ubuntu Canada team
-One of my positions at Userful is Open Source Community Manager
-I have been instrumental is the start up of several teams within
Ubuntu, including the marketing, documentation and directory teams.

What has any of that got to do with the membership committee? All of
them revolve around the recruiting and vetting of people to accomplish
a certain task.

Oh, and I am a nice guy :)

Thanks,

Corey