Re: Membership Database

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:19:24AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
On Mer 4 ao?t 2004 20:24, Eric Baudais a ?crit :
I do not believe it is in a usable state currently.  I need to add the
applications, renewals, renewnal email reminders, and some sort of
scalability giving us the option to display 10, 25, and 100 members at
a time.  After that is done, then it may be in a usable state.

Are we wanting any additional features?  Or are we just wanting to use
something with less features and add more features as needed?

I think it's better to have something to use now and add features as
needed. What do you all think?

The basic program is right now in working order.  I am wanting a large
amount of test data to be uploaded and see how the database and my
code scales.

Vincent:

You said last year when we were first talking about a database, you
would be willing to parse the two membership text files.  Can you
parse the two text files into one text file with the following fields?

First Name
Last Name
Email
Date Initial Application Received
Date Initial Application Decided
Initial Application Assigned to
Determination (Yes, No, Pending)
Contribution

That would help me a lot.  Then I will be able to parse the one text file
into SQL insert statements.

Eric Baudais
--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.