Re: RFC: JP Rosevear & elections

Guys-

I still agree we should let jpr vote.  I will give some leeway to
people whose forms we do not receive.

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:57:30PM +0000, ghee teo wrote:
Hi,
      I am still okay for jpr to vote.
I guess I want raise how do we make decision like this in the future on
gray area like this. Is it going to be a majority rules or unaminous
decision ?

I think this is a important question.  The questions raised by the
membership committee can have a lasting impact on people's impression
of the Foundation and the GNOME project.  I don't think it should be a
straight majority.  I also don't think an unaminous decision is always
feasible.  I feel that a 3/4 majority is better.  This allows a single
lone objection, but will not be too broad of a decision as to allow
multiple people feel like their voice wasn't heard.

Eric Baudais

--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.