Re: RFC: JP Rosevear & elections

What if other people renewed/joined after the deadline
want to vote as well?  How do we explain why they
cannot vote, if jpr can?

--- Vincent Untz <vincent vuntz net> wrote:
Hi all,

I talked with jpr today. He's a bit surprised that
he can't vote for
this year's elections. Here's the problem: jpr
really thought he was a
member of the Foundation. He was until 2002, but it
seems either he did
not renew his membership in September 2002 or his
renewal application
was lost. It is quite possible that his application
was lost: it did
happen before for some people (Jim Gettys last year
and Bill Haneman
this year, IIRC).

He already had the same problem last year (see

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2002-November/msg00108.html
and I answered him in private).

He'd like to vote this year.

So, what do you think? (note that we have received a
new renewal
application when I told him to reapply two weeks
ago)