Re: RFC: JP Rosevear & elections

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 04:46:36PM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi all,

I talked with jpr today. He's a bit surprised that he can't vote for
this year's elections. Here's the problem: jpr really thought he was a
member of the Foundation. He was until 2002, but it seems either he did
not renew his membership in September 2002 or his renewal application
was lost. It is quite possible that his application was lost: it did
happen before for some people (Jim Gettys last year and Bill Haneman
this year, IIRC).

He already had the same problem last year (see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2002-November/msg00108.html
and I answered him in private).

He'd like to vote this year.

So, what do you think? (note that we have received a new renewal
application when I told him to reapply two weeks ago)

Due to extenuating circumstances I think we should send him a ballot
to vote.  This will be the second time his renewal had problems and I
don't think this is a circumstance where putting our foot down will
further the GNOME Foundation.

Eric Baudais

--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.