Re: time to resume work?

Le Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:47:21 -0700 (PDT), Andy Tai a ecrit :

There was a freeze in the committee work.  So can we
resume now?  However, no directions from the board yet
on the membership guideline issues...

We'll see what the board has decided soon.

There's the problem of the elections calendar: we have to provide a
calendar soon to tell people how and when things will be done.

Here's what we had (correct me if I'm wrong):

    September 2002
  S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7
  8  9 10 11 12 13 14
 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
-29-30-                WE ARE HERE

    October 2002
  S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
        1  2  3  4  5
  6  7  8  9 10 11 12
 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
 27 28 29 30(31)       applications/renewals close for elections

    November 2002
  S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
                 1  2
  3 (4) 5 (6) 7  8  9  all candidates must be announced (4th)
                       announce official list of candidates running for
                       election (6th), questions emailed to all
                       candidates (6th)
 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
 24(25)26 27 28 29 30  ballots go out

    December 2002
  S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
  1 (2)(3) 4  5  6  7  all ballots must be returned (2nd), preliminary
                       election result announced (3rd)
  8  9 10 11 12 13 14
 15 16 17 18 19(20)21  challenges to election results close
 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
 29 30 31

If we have a tie, there's another round of votes starting December 3rd
and ending December 9th.

Does it look okay to everyone here ?

I'd like to see an IRC meeting where people could ask some things to the
candidates. This could be organized in november. Maybe the week-end
before the ballots go out ?

As for the questions emailed to the candidates: where do they come from
? From the current board ? I think it would be great to be open to
questions from members and select 10 questions.

It seems we have to update
http://foundation.gnome.org/electionrules.html.

Suggestions ?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.