Trying to set up a conference call about membership stuff

I've just got off the phone call for the foundation board meeting.
We went well over time, and most of it was spent discussing the
criteria for membership of the GNOME Foundation.

There's a variety of viewpoints on the board itself, but it seemed
stupid to us to be discussing it just between ourselves when it's
you who will have to implement it.

To that end, I am looking for membership committee members who
are free on Friday so that we can set up a conference call between
(some of) the board and (some of) the committee. Then we can look
at possible options and how easy or impossible they would be
to implement them and have a final decision at the end of the call.

Nat is currently writing up a summary of various viewpoints and
ideas so everyone's starting from the same point. You should have
it well before Friday.

We probably need two or three from the membership committee and
a couple of people from the board. I know that Nat wants to call
in and that he can't make 1-4pm EST (6-10pm UK, 7-11pm Europe).
I'd quite like to call in, but if other board members think they'd
be better, they can convince me. Off-list :)

So: who can make times on Friday? I don't know how widely spread
you are geographically. Something to be aware of is that in my
experience, Americans and Canadians get to ring a freephone number
and the rest of us get to ring internationally and it's not free.
Check your local phone tariff or persuade your employer it's a
valuable use of company phone bills.

Um. Dunno how to do this best. How about "tick here if you can
make any of these times" and we'll start with that. If no-one can
make Friday, then we probably want to look at (gulp) Saturday:
we really would like to have this well in hand soon so that you
have time left to do stuff before the elections.

This Friday (11th October)
EST time    UK time (Europe is an hour ahead)
0700        12 noon
0800        1300
0900        1400
1000        1500
1100        1600
12 noon     1700
1300        1800
1400        1900
1500        2000

Reply to me and I'll summarise periodically and it will keep
traffic down. (Or do (g)roup-reply, but this kind of "who can
make when?" question tends to generate a lot of response in
my experience).

Note that I'll send the phone numbers and what-not privately
and not to the list. I think membership-committee is publically
archived, so it is probably silly to send the phone numbers and
Sekkrit Access Codez Which Can Start World War III If Misused
(or, at least, get them onto all manner of lists for cold-callers)
to the list and hence the archives.

Added Mike to the cc line as someone else who might be interested
and have comments, but we definitely need a couple of the current
members from the committee on the call as well. You get to
implement it all, after all.

Telsa