Re: Official list of candidates + questions

Ghee,
this is really serious matter that I would propose to
have an amended  set of questions just with this
change and sent it to the candidates again, because we
want to avoid "free software vs. open source" debate
in the election, which will not lead anywhere and just
raise emotions and turn the whole process ugly.  We
want to have a calm debate where candidates answer the
questions in substance.  It is our responsibility
running the election to do our best to make the
process smooth and to avoid unnecessary problems.
Thus it is OK to send the questions updated a second
time and tell the candidates to answer the revised
version, instead of the original version.  It may look
strange that the questions are modified in minor ways,
and look bad on the committee, but that is a small
price to pay.

I can send the amended set of questions if you prefer
so.

Andy

--- Ghee Seng Teo <Ghee Teo Sun COM> wrote:
oops, too late. Just send that out ! Expect flames

Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:22:56 -0800 (PST)

Please use the name "Free Software", not "Open
Source"
because the questioning is part of the official
activity of the GNOME Project, part of the GNU
Project.

This is very important to avoid flames.

Andy

--- Ghee Seng Teo <Ghee Teo Sun COM> wrote:

  I propose  Q 11 with the following wording.

  11) One of the ingredient for success in an
Open
Source project
  such as GNOME is committed and dedicated
memberships. How would
  you propose to promote new membership, and
encourage commitment of
  existing membership to make the GNOME desktop
the
desktop of choice?

Thanks,

Ghee Teo