Re: Next steps for the elections

Le Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:15:14 -0800 (PST), Andy Tai a ecrit :

Do we have authority for doing so?  What then about
people missing the deadlines?  If we make exceptions,
the deadline becomes meaningless.  The previous
committee last year rejected candidacy nomination from
some important people submitted after the deadline.
Shouldn't we follow the same type of work?

Jim can still get involved in GNOME even without being
on the board. Maybe the board can appoint him some
type of advisor, since he is an timer from the X
Windowing System. His work (fonts, etc.) can continue
without interruption.

Update about this thing: Jim reapplied. I just approved his application.
In his application, he says:

" I applied a couple weeks ago.

 For some mysterious reason, it seems to
 have been dropped on the floor.

 Sigh."

I think that this would allow him to run for elections. However, I
prefer that the board takes the final decision on this. I'm writing a
mail right now for this.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.