Some thoughts about some things

Hi all,

I was out this week-end, so I haven't do much work for the committee.
I'll send the mail to the applicants to let them know that we're
processing their applications right after this mail.

Ghee, you wondered if you should approve/reject applications from Sun
employees. If you think that one of these applications should be
rejected, I think it's ok that you reject it. For the other ones, it may
be better that you don't approve them if we want to show that the
committee is not biased. However, I wonder if this will be useful.
Glynn, what's your experience with that ?

I looked at the latest applications. It seems the last two came after we
close the applications for elections (October 31th, 23:59 UTC). But I
feel that we could accept that these guys (if approved) vote this year:
I'm sure that, in their mind, they were not late. What do you think ?

Now, the biggest problem: in 25 hours, we will stop accepting new
candidacies for the elections. Right now, we have 6 official
candidacies, Hadess' candidacy (he didn't send a summary to
elections gnome org, but it's not a real problem), and soon Jeff's
candidacy. That's a total of only 8. Jeff proposed "to add some more
time to the process". I would like to avoid this, but it may be
necessary. What's your advice on this ? Mine is that we could be opened
for new candidates until Friday evening (Nov 8th) if we don't have
enough candidates. But I'd really like to avoid this...

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.