Diff Differ Project Coordination

Hi y'all,

I'm thinking to use Meld as the basis for a diff differ, and I was wondering if I could coordinate with some of y'all. I presume Kai, but maybe others as well.

Specifically, the diff differ would take in two sets of files or two comparisons you've done and diff their patches. This would be useful, for example, for when you are merging into master and need to make sure the changes you made since the beginning of your branch are reflected in master before you commit. On many occasions I've opened up two diffs and compared them by eye, and that's dumb; it should be automated.

Anyway, I've been working on this for a bit, getting my head around the code, and I figure it'd be best to coordinate with y'all so the changes I make can eventually be integrated into Meld proper and make sense both architecturally and for the long-term vision.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Waldo