Re: Windows dev environment

Hello.
I've some limited experience in debugging some meld problems. I found that there is a some share of bugs
where interactive debugging wasn't useful for investigating problem. This includes:
- Problems depenedent on stratup method/environment. For example some problems were specific to starting meld
not directly or via IDE but only via `git mergetool`
- Performance problems. Introducing debuggers/profilers affects performance itself
- GUI input-events related problems. Interrupting app with switching to debugger produces extra
focus-out/focus-in events, which can be confusing.

So, for cases listed above I often just adding temporarily print() or logging to file inside source code
instead of using interactive debugger.
--
Regards, Vasily

Hey,

I'm wondering what tools people are using in windows for a development environment when they are working on
Meld?

I was about to try to get a convenient setup going in VS Code (which I only recently started using)

for debugging etc., but I thought I'd check if anyone had any strong opinions or experiences that could be
useful.

Regards,
Adam