Re: Update Windows binaries

On 26 March 2018 at 22:00, Vasily Galkin <galkin-vv yandex ru> wrote:
About using msys2 binaries instead of pygobject-win32: I'm running meld checkout with mingw64 for several
months by now.
It contains newer gtk and so shortcuts problems with non-english keyboards
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/meld/issues/129 is solved (which is great!)

But unfortunately it has a huge problem: nearly 1 of 10 invocations hangs on startup. This is very
annoying. I just reported and crosslinked this as https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/3510 and
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/meld/issues/174

Apart from this I had several crashes, but they are extremely rare (1 per month with intensive every-day
use, like 1 from 1000 usages leads to crash).

...and we've been forced on to msys2 by some changes I made to stop
supporting older GTK+. I *can* revert these, but I'd really rather
not, since we need to (IMO) move to using msys2 sooner rather than
later anyway.

Kai