Re:Very slow Windows startup

If it hangs for multiple seconds I think that simple analyses can be performed even without special build of
python or gtk.
Meld.exe is basically python.exe with something freezed in.
It is also dependent on gtk which use lots of different dlls that are compiled with mingw that makes all
symbols exported by default.
So if it hangs inside one of gtk dlls code (not in python code) the "low quality" call stack can be retrieved
to see if it waits in python code or in specific gtk dll.

For example "process hacker2" tool (open source) shows the following stack while meld waiting for user input
for the thread called "Meld.exe+..."
(main thread I think, the only one with such start).

... win32 calls
16, user32.dll!RealMsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx+0x14d
17, libglib-2.0-0.dll!g_pattern_match_simple+0xdf (No unwind info)
18, libglib-2.0-0.dll!g_poll+0x1a4 (No unwind info)
19, libglib-2.0-0.dll!g_main_context_dispatch+0x366 (No unwind info)
20, libglib-2.0-0.dll!g_main_context_iteration+0x31 (No unwind info)
21, libgio-2.0-0.dll!g_application_run+0x1e7 (No unwind info)
22, libffi-6.dll!ffi_call_win32+0x48 (No unwind info)
23, libffi-6.dll!ffi_call+0x7f (No unwind info)
24, gi._gi.pyd!init_gi+0xa76a (No unwind info)
25, gi._gi.pyd!init_gi+0xb65a (No unwind info)
26, gi._gi.pyd!init_gi+0x1573 (No unwind info)
27, python27.dll!PyObject_Call+0x4c (No unwind info)
28, python27.dll!PyEval_GetGlobals+0x10a (No unwind info)
29, python27.dll!PyEval_EvalCodeEx+0x695 (No unwind info)

which have some strange entries but is generally meaningful, at least the exact dll would be seen.
--
Best regards, Vasily

I have hard to reproduce results where I sometimes see Meld start up properly. Would it be possible for
someone to provide a debug build so we can see where it hangs ?

Cheers

Gertjan