Re: Pep8

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 18 October 2015 at 11:34, David Rabel <David Rabel noresoft com> wrote:

almost-PEP8 already. For some files where the 79 character limit has
already been tossed out the window, I wouldn't bother trying to
reinstate that one just yet.

I realize this is totally NOT the productive place to have this discussion, but...
I've been programming in C for the last 30+ years (back when an 80 column max
would have matched a physical screen size) but who is it that's pushing the lamest
idea I've ever heard of? 79 chars then wrap?? what is this, 1986??
We used to use 1 and 2 character variable names too, now 10-20 is not unheard of.
Most devs I work with have at least two 22"+ monitors side-by-side ...
$ stty -a
speed 9600 baud; 55 rows; 462 columns;
... pretty easy to stretch my window, if/as needed.

by the way, thanks for maintaining the most awesome diff/merge tool!