Re: GIO style remote URIs support

On 15 July 2015 at 06:21, "Märt Põder" <tramm p6drad-teel net> wrote:
I read from "Meld 3.x Grand 'Plans'" on 14 Dec 2013 [1] that there us a
plan to support GIO style remote URIs in Meld. Since I'm intending to
implement support for these in Nautilus Compare [2] (which uses Meld by
default), I'd like to know the exact version of Meld that started to
support these first. Can you help me with that?

Sadly, we don't yet support that. Most of the 3.13.x cycle has been
working around problems that came up with new GTK+ and improving
related breakage. I'd still love to do this, and we *are* using GIO a
little more internally... but we're still using Python's built-in
handing for most file IO.

cheers,
Kai