Re: How to get syntax highlighting work on Windows?

On 8 July 2015 at 01:14, Simon Vizzini <simon vizzini83 gmail com> wrote:
Ah, i see! Thanks a lot, that's good to know :-) The "Features" page got me
confused because there it says: "Syntax highlighting (with optional
gtksourceview)", which made me believe I have to explicitly install
gtksourceview (since it's mentioned as optional). On my Arch Linux,
gtksourceview was installed as a dependency of the meld package, so no
problems there. And good to know that it's possible to include all that in
the MSI, totally makes sense.

Ah... yeah that page is wrong now. We definitely require GtkSourceView
in all 3.x Meld releases.

Thanks for the prompt reply and and for this awesome tool. I'm totally
looking forward to the next version!

Cool, well this should now be fixed in the 3.13.3 release. This also
involved (by happenstance) a whole GTK+ framework update on Windows,
so if there are any new problems then please bring them up. However,
it looks pretty okay to me and the themeing also appears much
improved.

cheers,
Kai