Re: BUG serious

On 21 August 2015 at 18:32, jczhang <jczhang kingbase com cn> wrote:
hello !
    i'm very like the meld and use it for a month ,when i first meet it ,oh
,surprise!
        so i hope it be stronger!
now bug:
                1, it can't enconding conveniently!     (very important)

Yes. At the moment, you need to add encodings to gsettings. e.g.,

gsettings get org.gnome.meld detect-encodings
gsettings set org.gnome.meld detect-encodings "['latin1', 'utf8']"

When Meld 3.14.1 comes out, we will also always try the current locale
encoding, which may help. I would like to be able to let the user
specify the encoding in the UI, if it doesn't load correctly... but
this has been difficult.

                 2, meld version 3.14
                        when i input command-meld --help .it trashback and
tell me :
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/meld/meldapp.py", line 72, in
do_command_line
    tab = self.parse_args(command_line)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/meld/meldapp.py", line 277, in
parse_args
    if len(args) > 3:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'args' referenced before assignment

I've just fixed this in the 3.14 branch and master. There was a
problem with combining optparse's unicode handling and our unicode
handling, which I've fixed in the ugliest possible way. Thanks for the
bug report.

cheers,
Kai