BUG serious

hello !
i'm very like the meld and use it for a month ,when i first meet it ,oh ,surprise!
        so i hope it be stronger!
now bug:
                1, it can't enconding conveniently!     (very important)
                 2, meld version 3.14
when i input command-meld --help .it trashback and tell me :
 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/meld/meldapp.py", line 72, in do_command_line
    tab = self.parse_args(command_line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/meld/meldapp.py", line 277, in parse_args
    if len(args) > 3:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'args' referenced before assignment

hope you can reply for me as soon as possible!
               thank you!