Re: Problem changing file dates on remote ftp

On 9 November 2014 08:21, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 3 November 2014 15:31, Pierre-Luc Blain <plblain art-prodz com> wrote:
Hello,

When i copy files to a mounted ftp location, I get this message:

________________________________
Couldn't copy /mnt/Z/boucan/files/temp/166.tmp
/run/user/1000/gvfs/ftp:host=leboucan.com,user=leboucan/httpdocs/v1.2/files/temp/166.tmp.

[Errno 95] Operation not supported:
'/run/user/1000/gvfs/ftp:host=leboucan.com,user=leboucan/httpdocs/v1.2/files/temp/166.tmp'
________________________________

Files are still copied succesfully. It seems that the problem is when meld
tries to change the date of the destination file to be the same as the
source.

Since it's a ftp location, it is "normal" that the file date is the date at
which its was transfered.

It would be great to have an option to prevent meld to set dates when
copying files and directories. This error is only an annoyance, but its a
really annoying one when copying many files at once.

Meld basically makes a best-effort attempt to copy file metadata here,
but if it fails there's nothing sensible that we can do. Currently, we
catch and ignore EPERM when doing file metadata changes, so I think
the easiest (and probably the sane) thing to do here is just catch
ENOTSUP as well.

Because I couldn't think of a good reason not to, I've pushed a change
to both 3.12 and master that does this.

cheers,
Kai