Re: Conflict resolution using MELD

On 14 June 2014 22:16, sandeep appana <appanasandeep gmail com> wrote:
HI Kai,

I am working on integrating MELD with my subversion.
I have configured my subversion to resolve the conflicts using MELD by providing the script(svn-merge-meld) mentioned in the website.
Attached the script for reference

While the tool is able to indicate the conflict with red legend when the conflict is opened with 3 way file comparison (Pls refer screenshot 1)
cmd used in script : subprocess.check_call([MELD_PATH, base, mine, theirs])

While i have modified the script to open 2 way file comparison by using the command : subprocess.check_call([MELD_PATH, mine, theirs]), but in this case the conflict is not indicated (Plz refer screenshot 2)

Could you please provide the reason why it is able to do so only in 3 way file comparison.  Is there a way to indicate the conflict using only 2 way file comparison.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're expecting to see here. Could you please provide some description (or mockup or whatever) of what you *expect* Meld to do?

Either way, it doesn't really make sense to talk about a 'conflict' in a two-way comparison. Conflict is what we use to describe a three+ way comparison where the same lines/context have changed in different ways. Could you be more specific about what you see as being the conflict in the second screenshot?

cheers,
Kai