Conflict resolution using MELD

HI Kai,

I am working on integrating MELD with my subversion.
I have configured my subversion to resolve the conflicts using MELD by providing the script(svn-merge-meld) mentioned in the website.
Attached the script for reference

While the tool is able to indicate the conflict with red legend when the conflict is opened with 3 way file comparison (Pls refer screenshot 1)
cmd used in script : subprocess.check_call([MELD_PATH, base, mine, theirs])

While i have modified the script to open 2 way file comparison by using the command : subprocess.check_call([MELD_PATH, mine, theirs]), but in this case the conflict is not indicated (Plz refer screenshot 2)

Could you please provide the reason why it is able to do so only in 3 way file comparison.  Is there a way to indicate the conflict using only 2 way file comparison.

Is there something that i am missing while editing the script ?

Please provide your suggestions regarding this

Thanks,
Sandeep.