Re: Mel 1.8.6 Mac OSX Port

On 30 December 2014 at 19:49, Youssef A. Abou-Kewik
<youssef adnan gmail com> wrote:
Dear list members,

I have made a port of Meld 1.8 to the OSX and posted both the dmg file, the
build scripts and the source files that were changed to a my fork of Meld on
github.

https://github.com/yousseb/meld/releases/tag/osx-v1

Nice! That's very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Please find the reasoning for going with 1.8 and not the development version
on the release notes in the link above.

This is unfortunate. While 1.8 is still totally functional, all
development focus is definitely going to be on the 3.x series in
future, so I hope that GTK+ look & feel improves if that's the
problem.

It is not the cleanest patch - so
I'll work on cleaning it up a little bit but it's not bad for about three
days worth of work.

Sure. When you get stuff you're happy to have integrated upstream I'll
happily look at patches. I don't actually have a OSX machine to build
and test on currently, so I'll have to limit myself to figuring out
whether something looks sane.

The files still have lots of unclean comments and unused files/prints that
are there that I added during the build/patch stages, but the package in the
DMG file is a fully working solid version of native Meld on OSX.

I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy to have this available.

cheers,
Kai