Re: meld: saving files on Mac adding DOS line endings

Let me add that the meld I am using comes from the Homebrew ports (http://brew.sh/), and the version is 1.8.6.  Not sure if this has something to do with the problem.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 12 December 2014 at 05:12, Andy Tai <atai atai org> wrote:
> Hi, I use Meld on both GNU/Linux and Mac OSX.  It works great except one
> problem I have is that on the Mac if I save a file from within Meld (after
> changes) the file is now with DOS style line endings.

That's quite weird. We just trust whatever Python's universal newline
reader tells us, and only do any EOL manipulation if that's set.
Anywhere that we don't know what kind of line ending to insert, we
fall back to unix-style.

> This does not happen
> on GNU/Linux.  Is there a way to control this, such that on the Mac Meld
> also saves files with Unix line endings?

There isn't a config option, no. It should just work. I can give you
the hacky option, which is to remove the whole "if bufdata.newlines:"
block from FileDiff.save_file().

Unfortunately I don't currently have a way of debugging OSX problems,
so there's not a lot I can do about this at the moment. If anyone else
has experience using Meld on OSX, any comments would be great.

cheers,
Kai

--
Andy Tai, atai atai org, Skype: licheng.tai
Year 2014 民國103年