Re: Meld -Preference- window has some options blocked.

On 21 September 2013 06:41, Daniel Kohkemper <dkohkemper inbandsoft com> wrote:

Greetings to all Meld users.

I've noticed that different computers in my office, even with the same Meld version, have some important
features, like syntax highlighting and line numbers, totally blocked and can not be activated. My personal
laptop does not have this problem but I find very frustrating not being able to activate these features.

I checked the web for a possible bug or maybe a package for the GTK that was missing, I followed some
directions I found but nothing solved the problem.

If anyone came to the solution to this problem I would really appreciate some feedback.

Those options are only available if you have PyGtkSourceView 2
installed. If you hover over the disabled option it should say this.

I'm not sure whether this is getting installed on Windows by Meld
Installer yet... I know there was an outstanding feature request on
Portable Python to include GtkSourceView.

cheers,
Kai

--
Daniel Kohkemper,