Re: meld build system

On 25 November 2013 03:54, Karl-Philipp Richter <krichter722 aol de> wrote:
Hi together,
I'm new to mailing list and hope to be in the right place.

Welcome! and you're definitely in the right place.

I've seen that the improvement of the meld build system is on the
roadmap. I've some trouble finding information about the build process
beside the information for the python package management and install
control. For instance I get
<output>
gi._glib.GError: Faired to open file
'/usr/share/meld/gschemas.compiled': open() failed: No such file or
directory
</output>
which is not so important because I guess I can invest myself into it
when having the infos about the build process before bothering the
mailing list.

See https://mail.gnome.org/archives/meld-list/2013-November/msg00011.html

This is just temporary breakage while the GSettings stuff comes
together. If you'd rather not worry about it, you can checkout
sometime from the previous week and you should be fine (minus some
recent fixes).

The build system is on the roadmap, but it's hopefully (mostly)
done... at least until someone comes up with extra requests for it. We
don't support a lot of installation folder customisation, but
distutils does *not* make that easy for us.

cheers,
Kai