meld build system

Hi together,
I'm new to mailing list and hope to be in the right place.

I've seen that the improvement of the meld build system is on the
roadmap. I've some trouble finding information about the build process
beside the information for the python package management and install
control. For instance I get
<output>
gi._glib.GError: Faired to open file
'/usr/share/meld/gschemas.compiled': open() failed: No such file or
directory
</output>
which is not so important because I guess I can invest myself into it
when having the infos about the build process before bothering the
mailing list.

Regards,
Karl R.