Interesting times

Hi all,

Git HEAD of Meld is once again a very interesting place, with a
partial port of Meld to use GSettings instead of GConf. This is very
much a work in progress. In particular, we don't try to build or
install schemas in our build process, so everything will just crash if
you don't run 'glib-compile-schemas data/' before trying it out.

There isn't much in the way of user-visible changes from this
hopefully, though I'll take the opportunity to clean up preferences.

Again, this is not ready. You should be able to use this, but the
schemas *will* change incompatibly before release, and several
preferences are known-broken.

cheers,
Kai