Refresh vs revert

Hello.

I've just subscribed to the Meld Mailing List. Let me start by saying I feel lucky for having bumped into Meld. It's not often that you try a software tool which not only does its job well, but also looks and feels polished. It's certainly a keeper. My sincere congratulations to the developers.

Now for the topic of the post: my first usage scenario for Meld has been to compare a static, hand-made file with a respective generated version. As the generator is modified, so is its output. Back in Meld, I thought I could simply press F5 or CTRL-R to have it re-read the documents and update the comparison. However, I found out that I must actually use the "Revert" command under the "File" menu to achieve that. Why is there such a distinction between refreshing and reverting? Isn't it reasonable to expect that, if any of the files under comparison have been modified, that "refreshing" should make those changes visible?

P.S.: Before posting this, I decided to check out the help contents. I found there is a shortcut for reloading the comparison (CTRL-SHIFT-R), but it didn't work. Given that there are good reasons for keeping the distinction between refreshing and reloading, it could just be a matter of re-enabling the shortcut and having it displayed alongside the corresponding "Revert" menu option.

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino