Some simple Ideas for improvement.

Hi,

While using Meld every now and then I have some ideas which could be implemented relatively easy and would
make it a lot more comfortable for me (and others) to use.

1). Eliminate the difference between "File Comparison" and "Directory" Comparason tabs.
If you open file's it compares the files, if you open directory's it compares directories.

2). Change "Mine", "Original", "Other" to: "Left" "Right", "Middle".
I can't see where "Original" is on my screen unless I look at the file names.

3). I mainly use the "Chose File" dialog for opening a default empty comparison.
[CTRL] + n , [ENTER]. And then drag the files with the mouse from a file manager.
Opening a default  empty comparison window would be a bit easier on my fingers.

Maybe I'll put some effort into this myself, but I'm not really comfortable with Git, nor with Python yet.
(See my "introduction mail").
Greetings,
Pintuxgu.