Introducing myself.

Hi everybody.

i'm new here so I'll first introduce myself.
Don't waste your time on this mail if you're not curious for personal stuff. I'll post technical stuff in a
separate mails.

I'm now just over 40 years old, and have been programming in C as a hobby every now and then since I bought
my first PC over 20 years ago, but I never had a formal education in this field.  I have been programming
with C as a job for 3 years. It was maintenance for an embedded 16-bit microcontroller. During that time I
was still using windows and used Araxis quite a lot for comparing source code. Imagine 2 or 3 people working
simultaneously on different parts of the same program without any use of a source code management system...

At home I've been using Meld occasionaly for embedded stuff for about 2 years and it has improved a lot
since. Thanks for al the work.

When I first started using Meld It was just about usable, as long as the source code had not changed too
much. With the last update I (use 1.6.0 now) this has improved a lot but It still doesn't come near the
quality of Araxis which I used during work long ago. Both programs have a common problem with resynchonizing
if there are a lot of changes between different versions of the source code and I've been thinking about ways
to improve that every now and ten.

Just a few hours ago I had a brainfart and after a few scribbles on a piece of paper I started crawling the
web.
Found the meld-list, source code (A lot of python surpisingly. I was just reading a book about that...) and a
reference to a Meyers algorithm in the comment (Can't find the pdf on their site, but haven't searced for
more than a few minutes yet). I also found  and some references to  crawling snakes. But before I put more
effort into this I'm curious what you think about my "new algorithm" for resynchoninzing.

My Idea also has an overlap with the "New feature" mail from 2013-02-19.

Just curious:
How many people are actively developing Meld at the time and how much time / effort do they on (on average /
max.) put into it?

Greetings,

Pintuxgu.