Re: Meld Windows Installer

I asked Perica (the maintainer of Portable Python) about the possibility of adding PyGtkSourceView.  He said to add it to uservoice and if it gets enough votes he'll put it in.  So I added it as a suggestion: http://portablepython.uservoice.com/forums/44323-general/suggestions/3538831-add-pygtksourceview-module.  I also asked him about when the source for Portable Python would be available.  He said he's working on moving it all to GitHub.

-Keegan

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 4 January 2013 08:29, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm a huge fan of your work!  I found your instructions
> (https://live.gnome.org/Meld/Windows) for getting Meld running on Windows to
> be pretty straightforward and well-written.  However, some have found the
> process to be a bit onerous.  To help promote Meld for all Windows users, I
> threw together a little installer/uninstaller to make it easy for everyone.
> I used Portable Python so that there are no additional dependencies needed.
> I'm far from an NSIS expert (this is actually my first NSIS project), so if
> you spot anything amiss, feel free to speak up:
> http://code.google.com/p/meld-installer/.  After more have had a chance to
> check it out, perhaps you'd consider adding a link to your page?

Looks good! That page is just a wiki, so please feel free to add it yourself.

> One piece that's still missing is that syntax highlighting (plus the VCS
> functionality which I probably won't do since it needs components from
> either Cygwin or Unxutils).  Does anyone know what would be needed to put
> PyGTKsourceview into Portable Python?  Also, how hard would it be to make
> that a component of the all-in-one installer?

I'm really not sure how hard the all-in-one installer would be to
update, but I had a look at Portable Python, and... yeah. I had hoped
that we might be able to modify it to create a single bundled
installer, but it turns out that none of the Portable Python source is
actually available.

cheers,
Kai