3-way merge workflow

Hi

This is probably answered earlier somewhere, but is there a description of how to do a 3-way merge workflow in meld somewhere?

It's very common to have the three columns as YOUR ORIG MINE when merging changes from YOUR to MINE, isn't it?

I notice that it's not possible to merge directly from the rightmost column to the leftmost, which is something you'd do to merge from YOUR to MINE. Hence I'm curious how the workflow of a 3-way merge are intended to be done.

(I did try to arrange the columns as YOUR MINE ORIG, but that was cumbersome as meld does not clearly show the relationship of YOUR vs ORIG, which is often the changes that needs merging.)

Best regards,
Svein Seldal