From: Kai [mailto:kai willadsen gmail com]
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:58 AM
To: Avner Ben Hanoch
Cc: meld-list gnome org
Subject: Re: bug report Invoking 'patch' failed for a .sh file

On 19 July 2011 18:34, Avner Ben Hanoch <avnerb mellanox com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using meld for the 1st day.  It looks cool.
> I got the following error when trying to show changes for a *.sh file.
> I am using RHEL6.0, with git version 1.7.1, and with patch version
> 2.6.  I have no problem to see changes for other files (*.cc & *.xml)
> in meld.

The type of file shouldn't really make a difference. If you're getting this problem with multiple .sh files... that would be odd.

<snip>
> - meld version: '1.4.0'

1.4.0 is pretty old at this stage. If you can reproduce the problem with something more recent (ideally 1.5.2) then please file a bug. If you can provide a way to reproduce the bug (i.e., a repository URL or a minimal test case) then that would be great.

In case you don't know, you don't need to install Meld in order to test out newer versions. Just running bin/meld from the archive directory should work.

cheers,
Kai