Re: Patch for new feature, show whitespace

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
> The patch looks mostly okay to me, though I suspect that some changes
> to meld/util/sourceviewer.py are also needed for compatibility across
> sourceview engines. However, I'll always be hesitant when adding
> preferences, even though it seems like a reasonable request and would
> certainly highlight tabs/spaces differences better than we currently
> can.

I can modify the patch so the feature is exposed through gconf only,
and not through the preferences ui. Is this preferable? I personally
do not have a strong opinion on this. If you can be more specific on
what needs to be done to make this compatible across engines I would
be happy to fix it.

> Could you open a bug and attach your patch so that it doesn't get lost?

Done. Bug 622342

Jon