Re: rfc: find dialog replaced with findbar

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org> wrote:
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/meld?view=revision&revision=1264
>
> I've replace the find dialog with a findbar and added replace support
> at the same time.
> The filediff.glade diff looks huge but it's really just changing
> filediff widget into a vbox
> and adding the bar at the end.
>
> I've tried to keep the bar as small as possible while maintaining the
> current features.
> Suggestions welcome.

I like the idea, but I'm having a hard time getting it to work properly:

- "X" (close) button is not working
- "Find" button not working, whereas "Enter" keypress somewhat work,
c.f. next item
- highliting of found text does not always work, and it's not always
at the same place that it works or not

I have an enhancement request:
it could use a historyentry, instead of a simple text entry.
I may hack on that, after other TODO list items are done...

No local modification, just svn up to date trunk

--
Vincent Legoll