Re: Patch queue

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org> wrote:
>> I think the other plugins could go in before a release, because there
>> should be no regression for something we didn't previously support.
>>
>> OK, a bad interaction with multiple-VC could probably cause a
>> regression somewhere. So I'll let you decide, but if you want them,
>> I'll need to port them to current meld code base, as they are
>> dependent upon other modifications I still have not committed.
>>
>> Maybe it'll be better if we release early without further new functionality,
>> only fix the last bugs we want in, and then go wild after that...
>
> Backporting is essentially a dead end so unless you're keen, I'd wait.
> But if you are keen I'm happy to include it too.

I'll wait after the release, nothing is of sufficient importance to
warrant backporting.

>> Perfect with me, do you need some specific help for the release ?
>
> There's a little cleanup left in the findbar - to enable the previous and
> replace all buttons. Also what to do about the scrollbars? In some ways
> the diffmap-in-scrollbar is better than the old ones, but on the other hand
> I'm planning toreplace them all with a single scrollbar asap.

I'm fine with current scrollbars, So I think this also could wait for after the
release...

> Hopefully I'll get a few hours on Monday and will make a checklist.
> We should probably have a page on the gnome wiki for this kind of thing.

Nice idea, I'll review anything of that kind and add my comments or votes
or whatever

>> So I'll commit the batch of patches already sent for review, and wait
>> after the release for the next ones. OK with that ?
>
> Perfect.

The lot should be done by tuesday

--
Vincent Legoll