Re: meld does not honor $DISPLAY?

That is strange, meld does not use $DISPLAY directly, but I would have
expected that gtk would use it. Can you use gdb/pydb/printf to see
what is happening and where it stalls?

Stephen

On 9/25/06, Gardner Pomper <gardner networknow org> wrote:
Hi,

Just got meld and it looks great. I am having just one problem. Normally, I
have my DISPLAY set to an X server on a different machine than I am running
meld on. When I do that, nothing shows up (meld appears hung). I have tried
running it from an xterm on the remote system, and also with the -display
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx command line switch.

It runs fine when I run it locally.

I am running meld on linux. My xservers are on windows machines running
cygwin.

Thanks!
- Gardner