meld does not honor $DISPLAY?

Hi,

Just got meld and it looks great. I am having just one problem. Normally, I have my DISPLAY set to an X server on a different machine than I am running meld on. When I do that, nothing shows up (meld appears hung). I have tried running it from an xterm on the remote system, and also with the -display xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx command line switch.

It runs fine when I run it locally.

I am running meld on linux. My xservers are on windows machines running cygwin.

Thanks!
- Gardner