Re: opening new diffs in existing window

I just noticed that my patch will cause two problems:
1) The dbus binding class MeldDbus is a child of dbus.service.Object,
which is not defined if the python-dbus module is not installed and
will therefore lead to a ValueError exception
2) in the case that the python-dbus module is installed while dbus
itself isn't, meld will print a stacktrace instead of launching.

I'll try to look for solutions to these problems. Comments appreciated.

> http://kacper.doesntexist.org/hacks/meld-dbus.patch

Hi Kacper, thanks for the work. It's something that is long overdue.
This week is very hectic, so it could be a while before review/merge.
Meanwhile...

In the past I've used fake stubs for optional modules. e.g.

try:
  import dbus
except ImportError:
  import fakedbus as dbus # contains empty delcs of interfaces used

Also, it would be really nice if the three-way-merge command could
return an exit status. Right now, because of the tabbed interface,
there's no single return value from the program. But there could be
from the dbus invocation which would make interfacing with source
control much easier.

Stephen.