Re: [rebellion attempt] Fight back!

Given that mc is a GNU project, why not using the most natural
site, `gnu.org`, for a mailing list?  An additional bonus is that
the gnu.org mailing list archives come with a nice – and working!
– search interface.

Werner, I think that would be ideal.  I am not an mc dev, just a
user satisfied with the program for 26 years or so.  I don't recall
where the bug tracker is hosted, probably aggregated in the rest of
GNOME, but it would be nice to move mc issues over to the Savannah
tracking system.  If the mc devs would agree I think this process
should be expedited given the short time frame available.

Well, we haven't been formally excommunicated from GNU, but I
wouldn't want to use more of their infrastructure than necessary,
and rather maintain strategic ambiguity for as long as tenable.

OK, then ask for mailing list support only.  For example, GNU LilyPond
uses gitlab for development, tracking, and merge requests (we moved
away from SourceForge two years ago), but our lists are on 'gnu.org' –
this works just fine.

    Werner