MS Office file associations

Hi,

Newbie question.  I'm trying to view [F3] MS Office files, but I can't figure
out how to use different commands for .doc and .docx files.

From my mc.ext:

# Microsoft Word Document
regex/i/\.(do[ct]|wri|docx)$
   Open=/usr/lib/mc/ext.d/doc.sh open msdoc
   View=%view{ascii} /usr/bin/docx2txt %f -
type/^Microsoft\ Word
   Open=/usr/lib/mc/ext.d/doc.sh open msdoc
   View=%view{ascii} /usr/lib/mc/ext.d/doc.sh view msdoc

docx2txt allows me to view .docx files, but not the older .doc files.  For that,
I would like to use catdoc.  But I don't seem to be able to figure out the regex
for using both.  E.g., this doesn't work:

shell/.doc
   View=%view{ascii} /usr/bin/catdoc %f

shell/.docx
   View=%view{ascii} /usr/bin/docx2txt %f -

I can view .docx files, but not .doc files.

I'd like to do a similar thing for .xlsx and .xls files, using xlsx2csv and
xls2csv.

Any hints?

All the best,
Greg