Re: MC 4.8.28 main menu hotkeys

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 19:31:55 +0100 Paul Marwick via mc <mc gnome org> wrote:
My specific problem is the change in the left or right menu, where "S" was the key
for sort order.

There was a hotkey conflict between "SFTP link" and "Filter": "F" was used in both items[1].

Change of hotkey for "Filter" was impossible, because all letters "ilter" are used
in this menu. From the other hand, almost all letters "stplink" are used too.
Only "k" is free. "o" in "Sort order" was free too.

Is it possible to change the hotkey for those menu entries? I've had a look at
the configuration files and can't see an option, but I don't really want to modify
the source to revert to the older behaviour

Hotkeys are defined in the source code and cannot be changed via any configuration
options.

(and find another hotkey for the SFTP option).

Only "k" can be used for that.

[1] https://midnight-commander.org/ticket/4284

--
Andrew