Incorrect file/directory date in archive

Hello there,

using mc 4.8.24 (built from the sources on CentOS 7), I see incorrect
file and directory time/date in the following archives:
 https://download.gimp.org/pub/babl/0.1/babl-0.1.78.tar.xz
 https://download.gimp.org/pub/gegl/0.4/gegl-0.4.24.tar.xz

The displayed and extracted date/time is epoch origin (Jan 1 1970),
whereas tar 1.26 sees (and extracts) the correct time/date.

Is it just me? A possible .tar data storage incompatibility?

FYI:
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.24
Built with GLib 2.56.1
Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
With builtin Editor and Aspell support
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish, smbfs
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

Regards,

--
wwp
https://useplaintext.email/