Re: Does the smb vfs work for anyone? (with current servers, disabled SMBv1)

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:

I was surprised to discover that mc seems to feature an independent SMB client implementation (not the Samba project's libsmbclient). This would be all fine … if I could make it work:-/

It isn't independent by any means, it's just so hopelessly outdated that you weren't even able to trace it back to the ancient Samba code it was once derived from...

... and nope, if FUSE is out of question, then you're out of luck, unless you are willing to reimplement the VFS on top of libsmbclient yourself:

https://midnight-commander.org/ticket/1

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev