Re: Incorrect file/directory date in archive

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 13:22:58 +0200 wwp <subscript free fr> wrote:

using mc 4.8.24 (built from the sources on CentOS 7), I see incorrect
file and directory time/date in the following archives:
 https://download.gimp.org/pub/babl/0.1/babl-0.1.78.tar.xz
 https://download.gimp.org/pub/gegl/0.4/gegl-0.4.24.tar.xz

The displayed and extracted date/time is epoch origin (Jan 1 1970),
whereas tar 1.26 sees (and extracts) the correct time/date.

Is it just me? A possible .tar data storage incompatibility?

Funny, I think this has just been addressed in the thread "displays bad
regular file timestamps on entry to .bz2 file &  preserves the errors
on copy out".

Regards,

--
wwp