Re: use of graphics characters recently disabled in xterm

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that something in the options for xterm needs to be changed, but I have no clue about what that magic option might be. Or, it could possibly be some library which deals with graphics and is somehow broken on an AMD-based machine.

I am pretty much guessing, of course, but to fix the problem would be nice. Anyone have an idea?

Check your TERM (echo $TERM) variable in xterm. Most probably the slackware switched to xterm-256color or something. Also check the output of "locale" and check the Ctrl-right click menu in xterm for some font settings.

Theodore Kilgore

Adam Pribyl