Re: use of graphics characters recently disabled in xterm

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that something in the options for xterm needs to be changed, but I have no clue about what that magic option might be. Or, it could possibly be some library which deals with graphics and is somehow broken on an AMD-based machine.

This must have something to do either with your locale settings, or with fonts that are used by xterm, but certainly not with the graphics libraries or hardware, way too low-level.

In any case, the next debugging step that I would recommend is to create a brand new user on your machine, log in as this user in the graphical mode, start xterm and try mc. Depending on the results, decide on what to do next. The new user can be deleted afterwards with no traces left.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev